As Salaam’Alaykum and Welcome
‘Ramadan’ is the theme for the 2012 Summer Edition of IWA Magazine. The IWA Board members extend our best wishes to our readers for a blessed Ramadan and joyous Eid.
This summer edition is the first one produced by IWA’s new magazine editor, Amina Malik. This edition is power-packed with loads of stirring and inspiring content we know you are going to enjoy.
The IWA Board of Directors thanks the creative talent of the IWA members who contributed a significant portion of the magazine’s content. Our members’ continuing support is what makes each publication possible.
The magazine’s Table of Contents is provided below for your convenience in locating content. Just click on the page links in the magazine’s banner to read the different magazine pages, or click on the links below.
We’d love to hear from you so please leave your comments and don’t forget to subscribe your email address so you will be notified when the next edition of IWA Magazine publishes.
IWA Board of Directors – 2011-2012
- Linda Delgado, Director
- Mahasin D. Shamsiddeen, Assistant Director
- Balqees Mohammed, Secretary
- Saba Negash, Financial Officer
- Pamela Taylor, Marketing Officer
IWA Magazine Editor, Amina Malik
Table of Contents
IWA’s annual poetry competition began on 1 April 2012 with the final date for submissions on 30 April 2012. There were three categories and the IWA was pleased to announce the first place winners of each category:
- IWA Member Category, Maryam Funmilayo: Taqwa: A Virtue I Yearn to Attain
- Adult Category, Nadia Elamin: Taqwa
- Youth Category, Antora Rahman: The Circle of Piety (Taqwa)
Maryam Funmilayo: A Quitter vs a Winner
- My First Ramadan Interview with Linda Delgado by Amina Malik
- Ramadan, Summer & Your Teen – Mahasin D. Shamsid-Deen
- Quran & Ramadan – Balqees Mohammed
- Reunion Book Review by Amel Abdullah, authored by Linda D. Delgado
- Month of Blessing and Abundance – Lasisi Yusuf
- Ramadan comic strip – Linda D. Delgado
- Eid comic strip – Linda D. Delgado
Member and organization news
Ramadan Mubarik! Thank you for this edition, May Allah bless you all and grant you peace and blessings.